VMware has just released vSphere 5.5 Update 3. Together with the Updates, the following products were released today:
- VMware vCenter Server 5.5 Update 3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware ESXi 5.5.0 Update 3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Appliance 5.5.3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vSphere Replication 5.8.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- vRealize Operations Management Pack for MEDITECH 1.0.0 [Release Notes] [Download]
If you want to get notified about new products, subscribe to my vTracker RSS Feed.
What’s new in vSphere 5.5 Update 3
- Log Rotation Enablement – Log rotation for vmx files allows you to reduce the log file sizes by specifying the size of each log and the number of previous logs to keep.
- Certification of PVSCSI Adapter – PVSCSI adapter is certified for use with MSCS, core clustering and applications including SQL and Exchange. This creates performance gains when moving from LSI Logic SAS to PVSCSI.
- Support for Next Generation Processors – In this release we will continue our support for next generation processors from Intel and AMD. Please see the VMware Compatibility Guide for more info.
- ESXi Authentication for Active Directory – ESXi is modified to only support AES256-CTS/AES128-CTS/RC4-HMAC encryption for Kerberos communication between ESXi and Active Directory.
- vCenter Server database support – vCenter Server now supports the following external databases:
- Oracle 12c R1 P2 (188.8.131.52)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3
- Increased guest operating system support – vCenter Server has added support for the following guest operating systems.
- CentOS 7.0
- Oracle Linux 7.0
- Ubuntu 14.10
- Windows 10
- RHEL 6.6
- RHEL 7 .1
- CentOS 7.1
- Oracle Linux 7.1
- File Transfer Log – Log information of files uploaded and downloaded from a host using vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client are stored.