VMware has just released vSphere 6.0 Update 2. Together with the Updates, the following product updates were released today:
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCloud Automation Center Application Services 6.2.4 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2.4 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Automation 7.0.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Business Enterprise 8.2.5 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7.0.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator Appliance 7.0.1 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCloud Director 8.0.1 for Service Providers [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3.1 for vCenter Server [Release Notes] [Download]
If you want to get notified about new products, subscribe to my vTracker RSS Feed.
vSphere 6.0 Update 2 Features
- High Ethernet Link Speed: ESXi 6.0 Update 2 supports 25 G and 50 G ethernet link speeds.
- VMware Host Client: The VMware Host Client is a HTML5 client that is used to connect to and manage single ESXi hosts without a vCenter Server. The Host client made it from a Fling to a supported Product. Very nice!
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO): Enhancements made to VAIO includes supports for IPv6 and VMIOF versions 1.0 and 1.1.
- Two-factor authentication for vSphere Web Client: Better Security with RSA SecurID and Smart card authentication.
- Windows 10 Support for the vSphere Web Client
Supported Hardware for vSphere 6.0 Update 2 (VMware HCL)
Good news from the VMware HCL. Support has not been dropped for any server. All servers that are supported for vSphere 6.0 Update 1 are also supported in vSphere 6.0 Update2.
VMware vRealize Log Insight for vCenter Server
VMware recently announced that all users with a vCenter Server License are entitled to use their vCenter Server License to get a 25-OSI pack for vRealize Log Insight, at no charge. The package is now available. A license key is provided at the Log Insight for vCenter download page. The packet is not limited to vCenter 6.0u2. Every existing and new vCenter Server customer is entitled.
Virtual SAN 6.2
VMware vSphere 6.0 Update 2 contains new features for Virtual SAN including:
- Failure Tolerance methods RAID-5/6
- Sparse Swap Files for lower disk consumption
- Quality of Service (IOPS limit for objects)
- Integrated Performance Metrics (VSAN Observer similar insights for the Web Client)
VMware vCloud Director 8.0.1 released
Together with vSphere 6.0 Update 2, VMware vCloud Director 8.0.1 has been released. vCloud Director orchestrates the provisioning of hybrid/public cloud services as complete virtual data centers that provide virtualized compute, networking, storage, and security capabilities.
- Upload and download of OVF and Media supported in Chrome
- Increased vSphere support: vSphere versions 6.0U2, 6.0U1, and 5.5U3
- Increased NSX support: NSX versions 6.2.2, 6.2.1, 6.1.6, and 6.1.5
- Increased vCloud Networking and Security support: vCNS versions 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Guest customization for Windows 10
- Increased platform OS support including:
- Cent OS 7.0 (64 bit)
- Cent OS 6.7 (64 bit)
- Cent OS 6.6 (64 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 (64 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.7 (64 bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (64-bit)