VMware has release an update for their network virtualization platform NSX. Together with some minor changes to the product itself, VMware announced that all users with a NSX 6.2.3 (and beyond) license are now entitled to vRealize Log Insight for NSX at no additional charge.
- VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2.3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 3.3.2 for NSX [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware NSX Component Build Matrix
- VMware NSX Release Build Numbers
- VMware Product Latest Version
What's new in VMware NSX 6.2.3
- vRealize Log Insight Entitlement (FAQ)
- Default VXLAN Port changed to 4789/UDP (Previous port number was 8472/UDP)
- NSX Hardware Layer 2 Gateway Integration
- New Edge DHCP options for static routes, PXE Boot and MTU configuration
- Edge Firewall adds SYN flood protection (Usable with NSX REST API only)
- On Demand Failover for NSX Edges
- NSX Edge Upgrade Behavior changed (Parallel deployment)
- Flexible SNAT / DNAT rule creation (DNAT can be an unused IP address)
- NSX Dashboard including overall health status
- vSphere 6.5 VIBs are included with the NSX Manager
If you are not familiar with the NSX upgrade process, the documentation is located here. Here is a shot recap of the process which is pretty straight forward:
- Check Prerequisites / Backup / Understand the operational impact!
- Upgrade NSX Manager from its Web Interface
- Restart vCenter Server Web Client service
- Upgrade NSX Controller Cluster
- Upgrade ESXi Host VIB packages
- Change VXLAN Port from 8472/UDP to 4789/UDP to align with IANA port assignment
- Upgrade NSX Edges
- Upgrade Guest Introspection
When you see something like this after the NSX Manager upgrade, this is typically a client issue and not related to NSX Manager or the vCenter Server:
Cannot navigate to the desired location.
Error details: An error occurred while activating extension com.vmware.vshield.plugin.common.networksecurity.dashboardHome.navigateView.
Class not found 'com.vmware.vshield.plugin.common.networkingsecurity.ui.dashboard.view.DashboardView' in module /vsphere-client/vshield-networkingsecurity-ui/NetworkingSecurityModule.swf
null could not be created: Class not found 'com.vmware.vshield.plugin.common.networkingsecurity.ui.dashboard.view.DashboardView' in module /vsphere-client/vshield-networkingsecurity-ui/NetworkingSecurityModule.swf
Close all browser windows and clear browser cache should resolve the issue.