VMware has released vSphere 6.0 Update 3. That update only contains minor changes, no noteworthy new features have been added. Together with 6.0 U3, the following product updates were released today:
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U3 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1.2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vSphere Replication 6.1.2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware Tools 10.1.5 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware Virtual SAN Witness Appliance 6.3 [Download]
- VMware vSphere Big Data Extensions 2.3.2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator Plug-In for vSphere Replication 6.1.2 [Release Notes] [Download]
- vSphere Virtual Disk Development Kit 6.0.3 [Download]
- vSphere Web Client SDK 6.0 U3 [Download]
If you want to get notified about updates and new products, subscribe to my vTracker RSS Feed.
ESXi 6.0 U3 - What's new
- Updated ESXi Host Client: VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 includes an updated version of the ESXi Host Client, version 1.14.0.
- Support for TLS: Support for TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 are enabled by default and configurable for ESXi 6.0 Update 3.
- vSAN Performance: Multiple fixes are introduced in this VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 release to optimize I/O path for improved vSAN performance in All Flash and Hybrid configurations.
vCenter 6.0 U3 - What's new
- Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol: Support for TLSv 1.0, TLSv 1.1, and TLSv 1.2 are enabled by default and configurable for vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3.
- Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following external databases
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
- Changes in command-line templates and strings: Updates to command-line interface templates and strings.
- Windows to Linux migration support: With installation and upgrade, migration from vCenter Server Windows 5.5.x to vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 Update 3 is supported.
- Updates to time zones in the Linux Guest Operating System customization: vCenter Server Linux guest operating system customization supports latest time zones.
- Updates to time zones in the Windows Guest Operating System customization: vCenter Server Windows guest operating systems customization supports the latest time zones.
- Platform Services Controller: Platform Services Controller of vCenter Server Appliance is installed with 4 GB of memory by default, for fresh install and while upgrading from 5.5.x to 6.0 Update 3.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) over User Datagram Protocol (UDP) for Kerberos operations: For improved performance, use Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) over User Datagram Protocol (UDP) for Kerberos operations when it is a part of the Active Directory.