The vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA) does now have a guided installer. It is no longe available as .ova or .ovf. The deployment of vCSA is now done by mounting an ISO and configure vCSA with a browser.
- Mount the VMware VCSA Installer ISO File
- Install the Client Integration Plugin (\vcsa\VMware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-6.0.0.exe)
- Run vcsa-setup.html to start the Installer
- Press Install
- Specify the ESXi host on which you want to deploy the VCSA.
- Specify Appliance name (This is only a label) and the root password
- For small deployments select Install vCenter Server with an Embedded Platform Services Controller. You can also install both components on different virtual machines.
- Select Configure Single Sign-On, enter a password, Domain name and Site name. The domain name should have at least one point. You can also specify an external SSO domain if you have an existing platform services controller.
- Select appliance deployment size. At this point you should be able to estimate how large the platform will be.
# Hosts # VMs VCSA vCPU VCSA Memory Tiny 10 100 2 8 GB Small 100 1000 4 16 GB Medium 400 4000 8 24 GB Large 1000 10000 16 32 GB
- Select the storage location for the appliance
- Select Use an embedded database (vPostgres). This is the default option and will supports up to 1000 ESXi Hosts and 10.000 Virtual Machines.
- Specify network settings. If you do now have proper DNS resolution you have to specify an IP address as system name.
- Finish the VCSA deployment wizard